After fruitful researches you have finally selected the web hosting service provider that seems to meet your needs and requirements, is well known for reliability and web server uptime and has positive feedbacks, reviews on web hosting forums and directories. Congratulations, good work.
Now we would like to give some advice on how to choose the web hosting plan that is right for you.
There are a lot of things to consider when you come across to selecting the web hosting plan.
- Choose the web hosting plan according to the number of domain names you are going to host. If the web hosting company provides multiply domains hosting services verify if there are any restrictions;
- Ask yourself if any of your web sites is going to be an on-line store. If the answer is yes, consider e-commerce hosting features. Check what shopping carts will be provided to you with your web hosting account, check if your web hosting service provider will give you shared SSL certificate for secure on-line payment transactions. Choose web hosting account with PHP, MySQL support as it is required by the majority of shopping carts;
- Calculate the size of your web sites files in MB or GB (you can do this by placing the files of your web sites into one folder and check properties of that very folder, it will show you the total size of your web sites files). Choose the web hosting plan that has appropriate disk space limit but a bit higher in case you would like to upload more files, pictures or add any new pages to your existing web site in future;
- Consider the amount of bandwidth (data transfer) that your web sites will use. Try to decrease the amount of bandwidth by avoiding huge graphical headers, flash animation, large pictures (compress them) etc;
- Choose the web hosting services provider that allows easy switch between the web hosting plans. Such switch is called web hosting account upgrade or downgrade. Easy switch is very important if your web hosting requirements change and you do not need that much disk space or bandwidth anymore or if your web site becomes very popular and traffic is going to expand. It will be more wise to upgrade plan to the one that presumes higher bandwidth limit than to pay traffic over usage fees;
- Check if your web hosting provider also offers domain name registration services. Verify if you can transfer the registration of your existing domain name to your new web hosting service provider. When you register domain name reassure that domain name is registered in your name only;
We have mentioned some of the most important factors to consider while selecting the web hosting plan. In our further articles we will try to continue to give valuable information that we hope will help you to comprehend the peculiarities of the web hosting service.
Eskhosting is reliable web and e-commerce hosting services provider. We provide Unix web hosting with PHP, MySQL, Cpanel and Fantastico. Eskhosting also provides domain name registration services with Whois privacy service available.