A Domain name represents the unique name of your web site on the World Wide Web.
A good domain name is one of the important factors which will determine how successful your Internet business will be and it is important when attracting customers to your web site.
A well selected domain name can become a premium investment for you business because as you promote your web site the name itself takes on economic value.
There are several tips that we would like to mention, that may help you to choose and register your domain name:
- The domain name should be easy to recognize, and related to your business, products or services that you provide. Thus it must be descriptive and will become a branded name;
- It should be easy to remember and easy to spell;
- Good domain name must be short;
- The domain name should be understandable to the visitors from all around the world;
- Try to avoid numbers in the domain name, the domain name should consist of alphabets only. The exception can be the numbers that can be substituted by the words, for example 2 is often used for to, 4 – for, etc;
- Hyphens also make it difficult to memorize the domain name.
Most commonly used domains are gTLD (generic top level domains): com, net, org, biz, info. In the past time each domain name extension was used for specific areas, for example com – for commercial organizations, now the usage of this domain name is unrestricted, net – originally for network infrastructures, now unrestricted, org – organization, biz – business, info- for informational sites, but unrestricted. As the Internet developed, domains with .com extension has become one of the most popular and widely used. A the present time there are about 62 million .com domain names registered, while the number of .net domain names total about 9.1 million.
Thus if you have decided to register an international .com domain we would recommend you to consider the registration of your domain name in the other domain zones.
Registering multiply domain names extensions will allow you to:
- keep your domain name safe from competitors that can register your domain name in another zone and can help you to avoid long court procedures while resolving domain name disputes;
- to market services and products accordingly and to use different strategies for search engine optimization and targeting;
- to set another domain name extensions to point to your website and in this way to drive more and more traffic to it.
If your domain name can be misspelled or one can make any mistakes while typing it in an address bar, we would also recommend you to register all the spelling options of your domain name.
It is very important to choose the right name for your domain name once and for all. Please remember that once registered a domain name cannot be changed and when you change even a letter in it this will result in a totally new domain name that should be registered as well.
Eskhosting is pleased to offer you domain name registration services and register your domain name in a great variety of domain zones. We register most popular and commonly used gTLD such as .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .name, .mobi domains and a wide range of regional ccTLD domains such as .fr, .it, .us, .ca, .de, .nl, .tv, .be, .de, .eu, .ru, .su and others. For those of you who would like to receive the benefits from a private domain name registration, there is the Whois privacy service available! Take a chance to use the opportunities of international domain names registrations!